Amazon rips off their sellers

Boy was I hit with a surprise email from Amazon today. I received a second email from them stating that my sellers account will go through a second 30 day review. On January 20, 2010, I received the initial email from Amazon stating that my funds were being held as they periodically review Amazon seller accounts. You can read my first post when they did this to me here. I of course was not happy with this at all as they were (and still are) holding $1,500.00 of my money. What could I do though? I have done all that I can do and decided to wait it out so I can get my money and never sell on Amazon again. So the magic day for me to wait would be February 20, 2010. I would be able to get my money and be done with this crummy website called Amazon.

As I am writing this post, the date is February 18, 2010 but as I checked my email this morning I noticed that I had an email from Amazon. It was information about my sellers account - GREAT I THOUGHT! I can finally get my money! Much to my shock though, the email stated nothing of that nature. The email I received was just like the initial email I received from Amazon on January 20th. It stated that my Amazon sellers account will be going through a 30 day review. What the ****! Amazon is trying to keep my money as long as they could! As I write this post I am in complete shock. I can not believe that this company has been allowed to do this to Amazon sellers time after time and has been getting away with it for so long! I have emailed them back and will wait for a response. If I get some kind of automatic generated email from Amazon I am going to call them up and see what I can do about this. From what I've read around the Internet, not much gets done when you talk to Amazon customer service but I am going to try. I have also read elsewhere on the Internet about people trying to come together against Amazon in a class action lawsuit and if that ever happens, I surely want a part of it.

I have never seen such unprofessionalism by any company before and to think that Amazon, one of the most well know Internet companies is on the top of that list. Do they think they will forever be able to just keep Amazon sellers money forever and earn millions of dollars in interest forever and get away with it. Surely, Amazon knows that the bomb is going to fall on them one day but will try to get away with it as long as possible and make millions and millions of dollars off of other peoples money. Now it's just a waiting game to see what Amazon says when they e-mail me.

No comments: